Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company that is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast-growing company with a very bright future.
We are looking for a sales order administrator to round out our dynamic and lively sales team. This person will fulfill all aspects of order entry and invoicing, editing, adding to and maintaining customer files, assisting with logistics and fulfilling general administration duties as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enter new dealer data into Microsoft Navision (Nav).
- Receive, organize and accurately enter dealer sales orders within Nav.
- Note any special dealer requests and instructions and accurately record on the sales order.
- Prioritize order queue, communicate lead times to dealers & OEMs.
- Communicate with production on any special orders/lead times.
- Generate and email order confirmation with current shipping lead time to customers within ½ business day.
- Collect payment details, generate payment requests, match wires, etc ensuring payment in full prior to releasing orders to shipping.
- Communicate with accounting regarding special payment procedures and receiving wire transfers.
- Communicate any special requirements, instructions, address changes to the shipping department.
- Invoice orders and email the confirmation to customers before the end of each business day.
- Generate daily sales reports and outstanding order status from Nav.
- Prepare and mail items to customers on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain filing system on a weekly basis, perform general admin duties and be #2 on phones (primary as required).
Qualifications and Skills
Do you represent our company's Core Values?
- Really, really care about our customers
- Continuously improving
- Energized to Succeed
- Treat everyone with respect
Do you possess these personal attributes?
- High value placed on attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Driven to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when dealing with us
- Must enjoy working in a lively, sometimes hectic environment while having the ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand
- Must be a team player and willing to pick up the slack and tackle what needs to be done
- Some customer relations experience an asset
- Additional languages an asset
- Requires above-average computer skills in terms of speed and accuracy
- Proficiency with office suite programs such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience operating ERP software such as SAP R/3, Macola, or Sage is useful as the position requires a willingness to develop proficiency in Microsoft NavBenefits
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy.
- Group RSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
- Vacation at 2 weeks/yr for the first two years, 3 weeks/yr beginning in the third year
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by the manager
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator; dues paid for the first yr while completing.
- Flextime for office staff where appropriate
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Possible yearly bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com