Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
Who are we?
- Due to continued growth, we are hiring a permanent, full-time Buyer for our production facility located in North Richmond.Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of dive computers for serious scuba divers. It is a fast-growing, fast-paced environment full of hard-working professionals who are energized to succeed. We were recently ranked 194th fastest growing company in Canada by Canadian Business. If you’d like to be part of a company culture of high-energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner, and have fun while doing it, you’ll be a wonderful addition to the Shearwater team.
Who are you?
- You take pride in being accountable for your work
- You are a very organized and self-motivated person
- You work hard, have very high attention to detail and high-quality standards for your work
- You are honest, thorough and reliable
- You are a good communicator and are willing to lead improvement projects
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office 365 suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, SharePoint and Outlook
- Issue View
- BOM Explorer
- Computer and printer
Working alongside our current Buyers and Supply Chain Manager, this position will have the following responsibilities:
Manage Category Purchasing:
Will be responsible for running of MRP, exception report, late report, vendor visits etc. for your categories of raw materials (includes approx. 250 parts). The range of categories may include:
- Injection Molded Parts
- CNC parts
- Printed Circuit Assemblies
- Springs/Metalwork and gold plating
- Accessories for finished products
Assist with Quality Control Issues and CAPAs:
- Communicating the failure results to vendors
- Ensuring that parts are sent back for rework/repair and scheduling when replacement parts will be sent back
- Ensuring the inventory in the ERP system is accurate
- Engaging the vendor in the CAPA process to ensure proper actions are taken by the vendor to prevent further issues from happening again.
Drive Supply Chain Excellence in your category thru various projects:
- Engaging in strategic sourcing or vendor consolidation projects
- Manage and improve Category and Supplier Performance Evaluations
- Improve operating margin and reducing COGs
- Increase inventory turns
Other important tasks related to Category Purchasing you will be asked to assist in:
- Supplier on-boarding and visits
- Periodic re-order point review and adjustment
- Engineering change notice (ECN) updates to parts in your categories
- Inventory discrepancy investigations
- Updating SOPs to match current processes
Over time we expect the person in this role to develop into a successful backup for our current staff and increased responsibilities are possible over time with proven excellence in the role.
Attend and host meetings as required:
- Supply Chain meeting
- Vendor visits
- Coaching meeting with the manager
- Ad-hoc improvement meetings
If this opportunity excites you and you are interested in applying, please send your resume.
Only possible candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact us by phone or email at this time.
Thank you and good luck!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Read More / Nov 23-24 24
DRT HONG KONG 2019
Read More / Dec 13-15 Booth No. 232
2020 Diving Festival Tokyo
Read More / Feb 1, 2020 - Feb 2, 2020
2020 Underwater Intervention
Read More / Feb 4, 2020 - Feb 6, 2020 306
2020 Boston Sea Rover
Read More / Mar 7, 2020 - Mar 8, 2020
2020 Beneath the Sea
Read More / Mar 27, 2020 - Mar 29, 2020 738
Read More / Apr 6, 2020 - Apr 8, 2020
2020 Adex Singapore
Read More / Apr 17, 2020 - Apr 19, 2020 Booth P10
2020 DRT Shanghai
Read More / Apr 24, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020
Read More / Apr 25, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020 41
2020 Scuba Show Long Beach
Read More / May 30, 2020 - May 31, 2020 720
Read More / Jun 12, 2020 - Jun 14, 2020 406