Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
Our team is growing, and we are looking to hire a proactive and experienced Buyer. Reporting to the Senior Buyer & working alongside our current buyers, an ideal candidate will use strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure that we have the right amount of product at the right time and the right cost in order to meet our goal of providing customer experience excellence, grow revenue and optimize operations.
Leave a lasting mark and become part of a great team focused on creating a seamless and transparent customer experience in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- 1 year Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid – First 90 days on site. After 90 days, 2 days on site 3 days remote.
1.Manage Category Purchasing: Minimize Supply Chain disruptions and problem solve their respective categories. This will include responsibility for running of MRP, exception reports, late report, vendor visits for your categories of raw materials (includes approx. 250 parts)
Become an expert in one of the following critical categories (Display, PCA, Plastics or CNC) The range of components may include:
- Injection Molded Parts
- CNC parts
- Printed Circuit Assemblies
- Springs/Metalwork and gold plating
- Accessories for finished products
2.Cost Management: Identify and generate savings opportunities through a strategic team-based sourcing process, while balancing a planful reduction in Inventory turns. This will include outcomes such as:
- Reduce the respective category spend
- Equivalency in Net Terms Negotiations
- Resolution of Quality Control Issues and CAPA process by communicating failure results to vendors, ensuring any rework/repair, scheduling in replacement parts, and vendor prevention actions undertaken.
3.Project Management: Lead and deliver on Supply Chain projects for your category, or be the Supply Chain lead on cross functional corporate initiatives by:
- Engaging in strategic sourcing or vendor consolidation projects
- Manage and improve Category and Supplier Performance Evaluations
- Improve operating margin and reducing COGs.
- Increase inventory turns
- Inventory discrepancy investigations
- Updating SOPs to match current processes.
- Supplier onboarding and visits
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field, and/or Designation in Supply Chain.
- 3-5 years directly related Buying experience with electronic component distributors/ suppliers, or related hard goods industry in a technical environment.
- Manufacturing experience an asset.
- Strong negotiating skills (price, delivery, and special terms with suppliers)
- Ability to communicate professionally (oral and written) with Mandarin speaking suppliers in Asia. Both English and Mandarin language competency is strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner Outlook, SharePoint, BOM Explorer)
- Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, ERP, Power BI, Jira systems is a strong asset.
The successful candidate is a calm under pressure problem solver, who builds effective team relationships through honest and well though out communication to get the job done and brings:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, determined, customer/team-oriented, energetic, enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated tenacious follow-up ability, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and multi-task a variety of assignments with a positive attitude.
- You are interested in diving or think its pretty cool!
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
- 10 min tenant shuttle (or bus) from Skytrain and local Parking available
Job Type: Full-time position
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shearwater Research is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centres in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Read More / Sep 25-29 248
Read More / Nov 14-17 3728
Read More / Feb 22, 2024 - Feb 25, 2024
Read More / Apr 5, 2024 - Apr 7, 2024