Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
Who are you?
- You take pride in being accountable for your work
- You are a very organized and self-motivated person
- You work hard, have very high attention to detail and high quality standards for your work
- You are honest, thorough and reliable
- You are a good communicator and are willing to lead improvement projects
Working alongside our current Buyer and Senior Buyer, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for the running of MRP, exception report, late report, vendor visits etc. for your categories of raw materials (includes approx. 250 parts). Likely to include:
- Injection molded parts
- Springs/Metalwork and gold plating
- Accessories for finished products
- Will be responsible for owning the process of getting the best quality out of our suppliers and rectifying quality issues when they occur including communicating the failure results, sending parts back for rework/repair, correcting inventory in ERP system, receiving new parts back in, etc.
- Responsible for completing non-inventory purchase requests from all departments within the company
- Includes tools, consumables, MRO and equipment for Production
- Includes items for IT, Marketing, Sales and general supplies
Other areas you will be asked to assist in:
- Periodic re-order point review and adjustment
- Engineering change notice (ECN) updates to parts in your categories
- Inventory discrepancy investigations
- Secondary sourcing
- Supplier on-boarding and evaluation
- Updating SOPs to match current processes
Over time we expect the person in this role to develop into a successful backup for our current staff and increased responsibilities are possible over time with proven excellence in the role.
Attend and host meetings as required:
- Supply Chain meeting
- Production Team meeting
- Vendor visits
- Coaching meeting with your manager
- Ad-hoc improvement meetings
This position reports to the Senior Buyer.
Who are we?
- We are a small but fast-growing entrepreneurial company (70+ people) who design & manufacture scuba diving computers and related electronics which are sold around the world
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization
- We provide 5 personal days per year over and above your vacation allowance (after 3-month probationary period)
- You will earn 2 weeks’ vacation during each of your first two years. Beginning in your third year you will begin to accrue 3 weeks’ vacation per year
- Competitive compensation; health & dental benefits; RRSP matching and MSP coverage included after 3-month probationary period
- If you are a scuba diver, or are interested in learning to dive, we will pay for your Open Water, Dry Suit and Advanced scuba diving courses (as well as group swimming lessons first if required; after 3-month probationary period)
- We provide fresh fruit & nuts weekly
- We have a foosball table, table tennis and a dart board, available for use during breaks
- We have company funded events & BBQ’s
- Flex time available. Can start between 7:00 to 9:00 am and then work your full day.
Relevant Education and Experience
Our products are known for their quality & reliability. Our products are sold to divers who dive in extreme environments and peoples’ lives depend on the computers we build. Because of this the quality of your work and your attention to detail is of utmost importance.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Buyer in a similar field
- Some completed post-secondary education required
- Education in supply chain management, purchasing, inventory management, business, logistics or operations management preferred
- Experience using an ERP system (Preferably MS Dynamics NAV 2013) required
- Experience with online ordering, email and Microsoft office products required
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Fluent in English required; Fluent in Mandarin as well preferred
If this opportunity excites you and you are interested in applying, please send your resume.
Only possible candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact us by phone or email at this time.
Thank you and good luck!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to resume 'at' shearwater.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
DC SCUBA SHOW 2019
Read More / Feb 22-23 Booth No. 205
Read More / Mar 16-17 Hall 5 Booth No. 37
BENEATH THE SEA 2019
Read More / Mar 29-31 Booth No. 215/314
MARINE DIVING FAIR (マリンダイビングフェア2019)
Read More / Apr 5-7 TBC (ダイビングギアメーカーゾーン)