Change Management Coordinator
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
About the position:
We are a rapidly growing company and are looking for the right people to help us in that growth. For this new role we want someone with a passion for process analysis to manage our existing change management processes and propose and implement new ones to ensure that we continue to grow with a solid foundation. We are in the diving business and moving towards the long-term vision for our future where we can continue to develop and build products in pursuit of making the diving industry safer.
Below is a list of experience and qualifications that will help you to be successful in this role, however having the right attitude is key. When applying for this position please include in your cover letter Why you are the right person to join our team and our future.
Who are you?
- You take pride in being accountable for your work
- You are a very organized and self-motivated person
- You work hard, have very high attention to detail and high-quality standards for your work
- You are honest, thorough and reliable
- You are a good communicator and are willing to lead improvement projects
As the Change Management Coordinator, you will be responsible for the overall coordination of the change management process, developing improvement strategies and driving change. As this is a new role you are expected to bring your experience, knowledge, and drive to the front.
Key Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the end to end change management process, configuration management and database solutions for cross discipline processes and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify and implement improvements to the overall document control and change management process.
- Work with New Product Development Teams in the generation, modification and processing of document changes within defined procedures.
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team to review and prioritize ECRs based on business impact.
- Oversee sustaining engineering activities, track progress and ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Train and support Engineers and stakeholders on implementation of change management processes.
- Develop KPIs to track efficiency of EC process
- Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Change Management Professional
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in change management program design and implementation, project management, or resource management in the production or industrial engineering space
- Scuba diving or interest in company sponsored scuba training
- Prior experience in a consumer electronic products environment
- Experience with ERP, Issue Tracking, Revision Control, and PLM software systems
- Experience with the application of quality control tools for process and product controls, such as SPC, Gage R&R, Process Capability, FMEA and DOE.
- Familiarity with APQP
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Working knowledge of the principles and the purpose of a Quality Management System
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and the proper implementation of industry practices in the manufacturing process
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Group RSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
- Starting vacation at 3 weeks/year
- 5 personal days per year over and above your vacation allowance (after 3-month probationary period)
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator; dues paid for first year while completing.
- Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
- Flex time
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Possible yearly bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
If you are interested or know someone who is, please send the resume to email@example.com. Only possible candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact us by phone or email at this time.
Thank you and good luck!
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org