Customer Support Rep
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
Customer Support Rep
A Customer Support Representative at Shearwater is tasked with providing top quality care and information to both end users and shops to ensure we meet our brand promise: Powerful, Simple, Reliable. Work with a dedicated customer support team, including other support agents, sales reps and our service centre network to solve customer problems questions , general inquiries, repairs logistics, processing and payments.
Customer Service Enquiries
- Respond to customer issues/questions and ensure efficient processing of ticketing system emails/enquiries are responded to within 1 day
- Create repairs tickets and manage them through the service & shipping process in Shearwater. Helping customers with basic shipping logistics (e.g., UPS, FedEx, DHL) when necessary.
- Create basic Sales Orders and manage them with support from Sales Admins through payment & shipping.
- Coordinate with service centres support for customers in the best location possible.
- Provide assistance to the Sales & Marketing team/external sales reps/Customer Service and Office Admin team members with support as needed
Field Data Reporting
- Report trends in failures/service issues to Customer Care Manager and/or QA as appropriate.
- Work with QA and Engineering to monitor for trends, issues, etc.
- Provide feedback as a diver to Engineering & Quality teams
- Advocate for/represent the customer (and/or Dealer) within Shearwater by tracking feedback and consolidating trends
- Achieve solid understanding and use of Jira Issue Tracking/Field Returns
- Coordinate and keep track of our loaner pool
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of our product features and user interface to identify what problem the customer is actually having to support them and feedback to the Shearwater team
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Dive enthusiast, preferably with a technical diving or instruction background. Understand basics of decompression theory, gas planning, and continue to pursue knowledge of advancements in diving research, etc. Dive Industry experience an asset.
- Proven experience communicating respectfully and empathetically with customers. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (additional languages an asset).
- Ability to proactively Problem solve in a positive manner and will take the initiative to action resolution, delegate where needed, and follow up in a timely manner
- Familiarity with business programs such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, ticketing systems (e.g., Zendesk, Helpdesk), ERPs (e.g., Microsoft Business Central) & CRMs. Issue Tracking software like Jira an asset.
- Some basic understanding of regional logistic (shipping) considerations an asset
The successful candidate is a customer-oriented problem solver who builds effective relationships through well thought out communication to get the job done and brings:
- Loves to talk to divers about our favorite past-time(!), while helping them solve a problem.
- Driven to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when dealing with us.
- Must be willing to work in a hybrid role or on-site full time.
- Must have follow-through; be committed to finishing tasks you start.
- Proficient at communicating and working with a global support team virtually.
- Ability to manage and prioritize in a fast-paced environment through efficient use of different tools/platforms (phone, email, ZenDesk, etc).
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
- 10 min tenant shuttle (or bus) from Skytrain and local Parking available
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Shearwater Research is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org