Customer Support Representative (MUST BE A DIVER)
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
Do you represent our company Core Values?
- Really, really care about our customers
- Continuously improving
- Energized to Succeed
- Treat everyone with respect
- Dive enthusiast, preferably technical diving
- Dive Industry experience an asset
- Loves to talk to divers about our favourite past-time while helping them solve a problem
- Driven to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when dealing with us
- Must enjoy working in a lively, sometimes hectic environment
- Must be a team player and willing to pick up the slack and tackle what needs to be done
- Problem solver able to work in interrupt mode and never drop balls. Organization is key.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (other languages an asset)
- Familiarity with business programs such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Develop working familiarity with Microsoft Nav order entry, RMA and invoicing features
- Delegating minor tasks, emails, etc. & ensuring responses to customers
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of our product features and user interface. Develop the ability to identify what problem the customer is actually having and help them, or refer them to someone that can assist them
- Problem solving ability (proactive, positive and self managed)
- Understanding of basics of decompression theory, gas planning, etc.
- Respond to customer issues/questions
- Create RMAs and manage them through the service & shipping process in Shearwater
- Coordinate with service centres – providing support for both Service Centres and customers
- Backfill sales admin/order processing position as necessary for vacation and sick day coverage
- Helping with mail-outs, etc from SRI or coordinating with service centres
- Backing up shipping on RMA logistics with UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc
- Second on the phones (answering when office admin is not available)
- Keep a close eye on info email/tickets and to ensure customers receive answers within our mandated maximum of 1 business day
- Achieve a solid familiarity with basics of ZenDesk, including answering tickets, creating macros, reassigning/delegating tickets, searching historical info, etc.
- Attend monthly service center meetings to become familiar with quality issues and trends in the field – backup for hosting meeting when Customer Care Manager unavailable.
- Work with QA and Engineering to monitor for trends, issues, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Sales & Marketing team as needed, including external sales reps
- Advocate for/represent the customer within Shearwater
- Provide feedback as a diver to Engineering & Quality teams
- Mostly remote work
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Competitive vacation allowance that increases over time
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Free dive equipment rentals and air fills
- Training available to all staff
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Annual bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
- $1000 employee referral bonus
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your advance diving experience and customer service skills, along with your resume.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com