URGENTLY HIRING - Electronics Assembler I
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
This is a full-time position with extended health and dental benefits after a 3-month qualifying period.
Working in our production facility assembling wrist-worn, scuba diving computers and related electronics. You must have great attention to detail and the willingness to learn and grow.
You will be required to work primarily with your hands:
- Operating hand tools for soldering
- Programming PCA’s
- Testing and other processes of production
Who we are looking for:
- Hard working, honest, and reliable
- Attention to details
- Possess positive attitude and are easily trained
- Must have excellent finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Good communicator and able to make suggestions for improvement
- Good eyesight is preferred, to perform visual inspections
- Experience with electronics/electro-mechanical assembly
- Experience using hand tools and power tools
- Experience inspecting for quality specifications
- Available and willing to work some over time
- Familiarity with potting preferred
- Familiarity with LEAN principles preferred
- Familiarity with ESD disciplines preferred
- Familiarity with Clean-room operations preferred
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee) Dental care
- On-site gym
- RRSP match
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Annual bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Free dive equipment rentals and air fills
- Training available to all staff
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.75 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all employees safe, we are following all government guidelines and providing everyone with face masks, gloves, sanitizer, as well as physical distancing.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested or know someone who is, please send the resume to email@example.com
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org