Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
You will partner with employees to develop and grow the Shearwater Employer Brand. This includes responsibility for leading and coordinating Employee Wellness programs, particularly as it relates to employee engagement activities, and internal communications to share employee experiences, as well as some HR services such as recruitment, and onboarding.
1. Employee Wellness: Build the Shearwater’s Employer Brand through employee involvement in staff workplace social, mental, physical needs to develop opportunities for engagement and learning.
- Coordinates employee wellness program where required, anticipates Human Resources issues affecting business goals, and works with HR & management to put in place proactive solutions.
- Providing leadership in ensuring that staff events and programs are well organized and publicized to encourage employee participation and improve employee engagement.
- Works with employee sponsored teams/committees to facilitate initiatives as they relate to business and employee needs (including OH & S committee)
2. Internal Communications: Combine a people and business approach to internal staff communications that link the contributions of employees to the Company vision, values, and business goals
- Manages the corporate digital newsletter, including conducting staff interviews for writing articles, soliciting and editing contributions from employees, and formatting content.
- Maintains and updates the company intranet site, social media, and recruitment site banners that is reflective of the Shearwater Employer Brand
- Maintains and updates corporate documents such as the fiscal calendar and organizational chart. Provides communications and admin support to HR for staff engagement and HR processes
3. Recruitment: Supports the recruitment and selection process
- Evaluates assessment tools, places advertisements, recruits, and interviews
- Manages on boarding programs by ensuring that program content is relevant and meaningful.
- Advises and assists all management and executive in employee relations issues, interpretation of human resources policies and procedures, and interpretation of the employee handbooks.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in HR or Marketing Communications. Business Management or Organizational Development acumen through formal education or relevant work experience an asset.
- Experience organizing and leading group events. Facilitating workshops or webinars an asset
- Ability to use digital channels to communicate within groups and use social media to craft creative stories and promote awareness. Graphics experience an asset.
- A relevant combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate is a calm under pressure problem solver, who builds effective team relationships through honest and well thought out communication to get the job done and brings:
- Strong English verbal communications and business writing and editing skills.
- Maintains high level of professionalism.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and discretion with sensitive & confidential information
- Excellent team player with a high level of personal initiative and positive energy.
- Excellent customer service skills and team competencies with internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands and deadlines. Flexibility with performing tasks in a fast-paced environment, takes ownership, and demonstrates a ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach.
- Provides recruitment administration and other HR support as required and as time permits.
- Good documentation and record management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Intranet and website account navigation and updates
- Communications software (eg. Slack)
- Social media savvy (eg Instagram)
Benefits: These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
- 10 min tenant shuttle (or bus) from Skytrain and local Parking available
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Thank you and good luck!
Shearwater Research is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centres in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com