HR & Corporate Services Manager
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
At Shearwater Research, we build great diving computers that are simple, reliable and powerful. We are always looking to improve and be better. We are a rapidly growing company and are looking for the right people to help us in that growth. For this key role we want someone with proven hands-on HR experience and a passion for people attraction and development.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the HR and Corporate Services Manager is responsible for managing and improving the company’s HR function, personnel development & sustaining our culture. Based on demonstrated experience, you are comfortable and efficient being hands-on with a variety of duties from recruiting to performance management to professional development. This role also ensures the smooth operation of the Company by overseeing the corporate services function.
Who are you?
- You take pride in being accountable for your work
- You are a very organized and self-motivated person
- You work hard, have very high attention to detail and high-quality standards for your work
- You are honest, thorough and reliable
- You are a good communicator and are willing to lead improvement projects
- Manage recruitment, selection and onboarding processes in conjunction with managers
- Actively sustain corporate culture, foster employee engagement & coordinate events
- Support CEO & management with implementation of strategic initiatives
- Oversee administration of, and identify improvements to, benefits plan
- Support managers in areas of employment law and best practices
- Provide or coordinate coaching and support to management and staff
- Ensure HR policies & programs are consistently aligned with the company’s strategic objectives, and are reinforcing the company values, goals and employer brand
- Manage the annual employee survey
- Participate in the Health and Safety Committee and coordinate WorkSafeBC interaction
- Manage and oversee the Office Administrator
- Property management, landlord, security company liaison
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Chartered Professional in Human Resource (CPHR)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in progressive roles
- Exemplary professional standards with a service oriented style
- Knowledgeable in Canada Employment legislation
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience in high tech design and manufacturing environment
- Scuba diving or interest in company sponsored scuba training
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Extended health, dental & vision care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Diving training – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more
- Free dive equipment rentals and air fills
Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent, Richmond-based role - partial WFH after orientation period
Thank you and good luck!
To keep all employees safe, we are following all government guidelines and providing everyone with face masks, gloves, sanitizer, as well as physical distancing.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com