Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Director of Finance. The position is in Richmond, BC
The primary objective of this position is to provide a full range of Human Resource services to Shearwater Research. The incumbent is primarily responsible for initiating and administering Human Resource programs and services particularly as it relates to Recruitment, Total Rewards, and Performance Management.
Job Responsibilities include, not limited to:
• Manages recruitment and selection processes:
o Coordinates and assist with employee recruitment, orientation
o Responsible for assisting hiring managers with composing job descriptions
o Screening of job applicants and coordinate interviews
• Responsible for employee onboarding practices
• Implement and administer employee policies, identify ways to improve policies and procedures
• Maintain Organizational chart
• Update the Employee handbook as required to keep abreast of new BC Labour legislation
• Advises and assists management in employee relations issues. Interpretation of human resources policies and procedures.
• Coordinates and runs the annual employee survey
• Ensures that human resource practices are relevant and in compliance with legislation
• Supports the development of strategic competencies by identifying developmental needs and solutions. Assists managers in identifying specific training needs for employees. Actively participates in developing the content of internal management training and facilitates the training.
• Administer all benefits (orientation, enrolment, termination)
o Enhanced Health and Dental
• Liaise with benefits agent
• Review and provide recommendations on salary and hourly compensation programs.
• Annually benchmark programs to local market. Coaches managers on compensation increases and annual reviews
• Coordinate employee performance reviews, schedules, change in job titles, job responsibilities, employee records, salary adjustments and appraisal programs
• Establish and maintains employee training records and reports
• Manage company Whiteboard
• Safety administration – head safety committee
Skills and Qualifications:
• Human Resources degree/diploma
• 5 years relevant experience in progressive roles
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to handle sensitive issues in a tactful and confidential manner
• Knowledgeable in Canada Employment legislation
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy.
• Group RRSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
• Competitive vacation allowance that increases over time
• Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
• MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
• 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
• Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
• Free dive equipment rentals and air fills
• Training available to all staff
• Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator
• Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
• Organic fresh fruit and nut deliveries weekly by SPUD
• Flex time for office staff
• First-come, first-served for vacation requests
• Annual bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
• $1000 employee referral bonus
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com