Manufacturing Software Developer (Hybrid)
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
Manufacturing Software Developer
Manufacturing Software is responsible for developing internal tools to facilitate programming the microcontrollers used in our dive computers. These tools also perform automated quality testing and reporting. As a Manufacturing Software Developer, your work represents Shearwater’s brand promise: Powerful, Simple, Reliable.
- Continuous improvement of Manufacturing tooling, enabling automation of testing, reporting, and programming of microcontrollers.
- Debugging issues with Manufacturing paths.
- Work collaboratively with Software Developers, Firmware Developers, and Manufacturing Engineering to create reliable and efficient Software in order to accomplish Shearwater’s goal of making the best dive computers in the world.
- 4+ years experience working in C# (Microsoft .NET Forms preferred)
- Relational Database experience in MySQL (or other SQL languages incl MSSQL, postGreSQL, SQ Lite )
- Familiar with code version control software (SVN, GIT)
- Worked with Elprotronics (or other FPA adapters) or supported finished goods manufacturing systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Likes problem solving, continuous improvement
- Takes pride in creating effective manufacturing tooling
- Eager to support and service manufacturing operations
- Scuba diving
- Working with embedded systems (STM32 Microcontrollers)
- Other programming languages: Java, Python, C++
- Working with electronic hardware
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
- 10 min tenant shuttle (or bus) from Skytrain and local Parking available
Job Type: Full-time position based in Richmond British Columbia
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shearwater Research is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Canadian Underwater Conference & Exhibition (CUCE)
Read More / Mar 26-28
Read More / Mar 31 - Apr 2
MARINE DIVING FAIR (マリンダイビングフェア)
Read More / Apr 7-9
Rebreather Forum 4
Read More / Apr 20-22
Read More / Apr 24-29 5259
International Exposition S&R
Read More / May 5-7
TDEX Thailand Dive Expo
Read More / May 18-21
MIDE Malaysia International Dive Expo
Read More / May 26-28
Long Beach Scuba Show
Read More / Jun 3-4 720 and 722
Read More / Sep 25-29 248
Read More / Nov 14-17 3728