Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to increase our in-house marketing. We operate in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment full of hard-working professionals who are energized to succeed. We are extremely customer focused and as a consequence enjoy high levels of customer loyalty and goodwill. If you’d like to be part of a company culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner, and have fun while doing it, you’ll be a wonderful addition to the Shearwater team.
- Helps to plans trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; and determining that show representatives have all required materials.
- Builds email templates and blogs before deployment while being held accountable for catching bugs and typos.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- In charge of coordinating all contests either through Facebook, our website, or other means to create excitement for our products and engage end users.
- Responsible for fielding sponsorship requests and keeping track of where sponsorship money is going and the return on investment.
- The point of initial contact for all the magazines we work with and responsible for resolving issues, submitting artwork, and reviewing our return on investment.
- Responsible for creating Purchase Orders and working with vendors to organize promotional materials for trade shows and other major events while continuing to work with the sales team to come up with new and exciting materials to add to our line-up.
- Keeps track of an editorial calendar and marketing annual plan, which includes all information pertinent to the marketing department.
- Provide assistance to Brand Manager when required
- Assist in monitoring the email@example.com inbox, Facebook and ScubaBoard
- Assist in replying to instant messages on Shearwater’s social media page such as Facebook and Instagram and other social media accounts that apply.
- Responsible in checking marketing inventory supplies and works with Purchasing to restock any Marketing materials require such as Brochures and promotional items.
Experience and Skills
- Marketing experience, and customer service experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and capable of juggling many responsibilities at once
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Asian language skills would be an asset but not required
- Familiar and comfortable with Asian social media would be an asset
- A problem solving, self-starter
- Previous graphic design and writing experience would be an asset
- Scuba certified and knowledge of the dive industry is an asset
- Ability and willingness to learn
- English copywriting and blogging skills would be an asset
- Working knowledge in WordPress is a plus
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in marketing or a related field
- Microsoft Office
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy.
- Group RRSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
- Competitive vacation allowance that increases over time
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator
- Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
- Organic fresh fruit and nut deliveries weekly by SPUD
- Flex time for office staff
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Annual bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
- $1000 employee referral bonus
Job Type: Full-time
• relevant: 2 years (Required)
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org