Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of dive computers for demanding scuba divers. Shearwater really, really cares about customers, treats everyone with respect and is continuously improving. It is a fast-growing, fast-paced environment full of hard-working professionals who are energized to succeed. If you’d like to be part of a company culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner, and have fun while doing it, you’ll be a wonderful addition to the Shearwater team.
If the above description sounds like you, and you are committed to striving for the highest level of quality and customer responsiveness, then you may be right for this key position. You will be responsible for:
- Provide support to multiple key product lines by facilitating the analysis and resolution of quality issues:
- Monitor first-pass-yield results in your area and manage resolution
- Coordinate resolution with Direct Production Staff and Production Engineering
- Create and maintain scheduled in-process and product audits. Generate and follow-up on resulting action items.
- Analyze WIP and finished goods issues (NCPs) and work with engineering to determine root causes.
- Maintain WIP failures production notice board
- Monthly scrap dispositions including analysis of trends and failure modes
- Random inspections
- Become back-up for Incoming Quality Control
- Experienced quality professional with IQC experience
- Organized, methodical with good basic problem-solving skills
- A good communicator with good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to grasp complicated technical information
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player with an affinity for motivation, inclusion and collaboration in a group environment.
- Trainor and interpersonal training an asset
- Prior experience working within an R&D and/or manufacturing organization
- Familiar with quality control systems and engineering documentation standards
- Scuba diving experience an asset
- Experience with ERP
- ISO9001:2015 audit training preferred
- Quality Technician designation strongly preferred
- 2 years post-secondary experience
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Group RSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of 3%/$2500
- Vacation at 2 weeks/yr for first two years, 3 weeks/yr beginning in third year
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – Open Water, Advanced covered; rentals and air fills locally; possibly more as approved by manager
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator; dues paid for first year while completing.
- Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
- Coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and nut deliveries weekly
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Possible yearly bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Read More / Nov 23-24 24
DRT HONG KONG 2019
Read More / Dec 13-15 Booth No. 232
2020 Diving Festival Tokyo
Read More / Feb 1, 2020 - Feb 2, 2020
2020 Underwater Intervention
Read More / Feb 4, 2020 - Feb 6, 2020 306
2020 Boston Sea Rover
Read More / Mar 7, 2020 - Mar 8, 2020
2020 Beneath the Sea
Read More / Mar 27, 2020 - Mar 29, 2020 738
Read More / Apr 6, 2020 - Apr 8, 2020
2020 Adex Singapore
Read More / Apr 17, 2020 - Apr 19, 2020 Booth P10
2020 DRT Shanghai
Read More / Apr 24, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020
Read More / Apr 25, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020 41
2020 Scuba Show Long Beach
Read More / May 30, 2020 - May 31, 2020 720
Read More / Jun 12, 2020 - Jun 14, 2020 406