Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We are looking for an sales order administrator to round out our dynamic and lively sales team. This person will fulfill all aspects of order entry and invoicing, editing, adding to and maintaining customer card database as well as fulfilling general administration duties as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Enter new dealer data into Nav
• Receive, print and accurately enter dealer sales orders within Nav
• Note any special dealer requests and instructions and accurately record on the sales order
• Generate and email order confirmation with current shipping lead time to customers within ½ business day
• Collect payment details, generate PayPal payment requests, run credit card using Chase Orbital, ensuring payment in full prior to releasing orders to shipping
• Communicate with accounting regarding special payment procedures and receiving wire transfers
• Communicate any special requirements, instructions, address changes to shipping department
• Invoice orders and email the confirmation to customers before the end of each business day
• Generate daily sales reports and outstanding order status from Nav
• Prepare and mail items to customers on an as needed basis
• Maintain filing system on a weekly basis, perform general admin duties and be #2 on phones (primary as required)
Qualifications and Skills
Do you represent our company Core Values?
• Really, really care about our customers
• Continuously improving
• Energized to Succeed
• Treat everyone with respect
Do you possess these personal attributes?
• High value placed on attention to detail
• Driven to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when dealing with us
• Must enjoy working in a lively, sometimes hectic environment while having the ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand
• Must be a team player and willing to pick up the slack and tackle what needs to be done
• Requires above average computer skills in terms of speed and accuracy
• Proficiency with office suite programs such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience operating ERP software such as SAP R/3, Macola, or Sage is useful as the position requires a willingness to develop proficiency in Microsoft Nav
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy.
• Group RSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
• Vacation at 2 weeks/yr for first two years, 3 weeks/yr beginning in third year
• Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $2,500 for married/$1,250 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
• MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
• 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
• Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
• Training available to all staff
• Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator; dues paid for first yr while completing.
• Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
• Organic fresh fruit and nut deliveries weekly by SPUD
• Flex time for office staff
• First-come, first-served for vacation requests
• Possible yearly bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
Job Type: Full-time
• relevant: 2 years (Required)
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows: