Sales Operations Manager
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
Sales Operations Manager
You will support and coordinate all customer sales activities and resources across all product, geographic, market and customer sectors toward annual sales objectives. This includes responsibility for overall customer operations, revenue, and product demand forecasting in collaboration with our global sales leaders. The Sales Operations Manager will also provide segmentation analysis for sales and marketing campaigns, be a major driver of the S&OP process and provide product development intelligence gleaned from customer interactions.
Key Result #1 – Sales Performance Operations
Works closely with the VP Sales and Marketing to coordinate and maintain a corporately aligned 12 month rolling revenue plan through the integration of new product launch and regional sales plans.
Takes the lead on forecasting meetings that feed the S&OP and collaborates with external sales force to recommend solutions for gaps to plan. As a key member of the S&OP team, work collaboratively with the Operations management team members to develop and maintain key Supply Chain and Sales reports to track current supply , demand planning, and inventory to achieve short- and long-term company sales growth objectives.
In support of the channel development strategy, works with the Marketing Manager to identify opportunities to improve customer partnerships through development and execution of sales, cooperative marketing, and merchandising programs.
Key Result #2: Sales Reporting and Analysis
Develop accurate reporting and real time tracking visibility of orders and shipments across the customer sales channels, segmented by territories within market categories, to support the budget and forecasting process.
Supports Product Development with feedback to develop line plans, pricing, and margin analysis in advance of launch to develop global sales programs that would include a sales playbook with key business drivers, KPI’s and tracking tools.
This data analytics responsibility also includes defining, implementing and maintaining the sales function’s technology stack (CRM, B2B, other sales tools).
Key Result #3: Sell-In & Sell Through Support
Ensures all sell-in tools are delivered to reps, including price lists, sales samples (finished good and digital) and supports the Marketing Team on Trade events. Champions customer and dealer success through sales planning initiatives and provides support to drive sell-through via product knowledge training, merchandising, and marketing support.
Collaborating with Sales Management teams, Brand Marketing, and Supply Chain to create an Integrated Demand Creation Calendar: Seasonal Promotion(s), Social Media Campaign(s), In-store Merchandising Assets and Plans, Trade Training & Marketing, and Omni Channel Assets.
Key Result #4: Team Management
Leads and motivates the inside sales order entry team, inspires change and creativity, evaluates performance, develops and counsels employees. Provides the functional team and individual incumbents with clear identification of goals, requirements and delivery dates. Including setting responsibilities and performance, development and training objectives.
Provides annual departmental operating budget(s) and ensures it is adhered to as ratified/forecast. Reports performance versus plan of functional areas of responsibilities at management meetings as required.
- University Degree in Business and/or Marketing or equivalent Sales training/experience supplemented by 5 years of progressively responsible Sales Operations experience in fast paced domestic and international consumer product sales
- Minimum of 3 years management experience is essential. This experience is preferably with a sales/sales support team participating in concurrent multiple niche markets.
- Sound understanding of the S&OP process and key performance metrics - experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset.
- Experience in the diving/marine industry desirable
- Experience in a technical or engineered product environment an asset
- Experience within a regulated industry and /or government programs environment is an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Scuba diver, interest in company sponsored scuba training or you think scuba diving is pretty cool
- Strong sales analytical skills - demonstrated capability in sales forecasting and database analytics
- Minimum intermediate MS Excel competency
- Strong background in Sales channel strategies and Go To Market planning and co ordination
- Proven communication skills both in-person and hybrid ways or working.
- Excellent internal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to lead and positively influence people in interactions at all levels within an organization. Represents the company with a high level of professionalism
- Strong organizational and excellent problem solving skills. Ability to work under pressure of multiple concurrent priorities and deadlines; strong scheduling and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, motivate and counsel direct reports. Ability to build and facilitate strong cross-functional work teams.
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
- 10 min tenant shuttle (or bus) from Skytrain and local Parking available
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shearwater Research, is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Canadian Underwater Conference & Exhibition (CUCE)
Read More / Mar 26-28
Read More / Mar 31 - Apr 2
MARINE DIVING FAIR (マリンダイビングフェア)
Read More / Apr 7-9
Rebreather Forum 4
Read More / Apr 20-22
Read More / Apr 24-29 5259
International Exposition S&R
Read More / May 5-7
TDEX Thailand Dive Expo
Read More / May 18-21
MIDE Malaysia International Dive Expo
Read More / May 26-28
Long Beach Scuba Show
Read More / Jun 3-4 720 and 722
Read More / Sep 25-29 248
Read More / Nov 14-17 3728