Sales Order Administrator
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
About the position:
We are looking for a sales order administrator to round out our dynamic and lively sales team. This person will fulfill all aspects of order entry and invoicing, editing, adding to and maintaining customer files, assisting with logistics and fulfilling general administration duties as required.
Key Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Enter new dealer data into Microsoft Navision (Nav).
- Receive, organize and accurately enter dealer sales orders within Nav.
- Note any special dealer requests and instructions and accurately record on the sales order.
- Prioritize order queue, communicate lead times to dealers & OEMs.
- Communicate with production on any special orders/lead times.
- Generate and email order confirmation with current shipping lead time to customers within ½ business day.
- Collect payment details, generate payment requests, match wires, etc ensuring payment in full prior to releasing orders to shipping.
- Communicate with accounting regarding special payment procedures and receiving wire transfers.
- Communicate any special requirements, instructions, address changes to shipping department.
- Invoice orders and email the confirmation to customers before the end of each business day.
- Generate daily sales reports and outstanding order status from Nav.
- Prepare and mail items to customers on an as needed basis.
- Maintain filing system on a weekly basis, perform general admin duties and be #2 on phones (primary as required).
Qualifications and Skills:
Do you represent our company Core Values?
- Really, really care about our customers
- Continuously improving
- Energized to Succeed
- Treat everyone with respect
Do you possess these personal attributes?
- High value placed on attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Driven to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when dealing with us
- Must enjoy working in a lively, sometimes hectic environment while having the ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand
- Must be a team player and willing to pick up the slack and tackle what needs to be done
- Some customer relations experience an asset
- Additional languages an asset
- Requires above average computer skills in terms of speed and accuracy
- Proficiency with office suite programs such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience operating ERP software such as SAP R/3, Macola, or Sage is useful as the position requires a willingness to develop proficiency in Microsoft Nav
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Group RSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
- Vacation at 2 weeks/yr for first two years, 3 weeks/yr beginning in third year
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator; dues paid for first yr while completing.
- Flex time for office staff where appropriate
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Possible yearly bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
- Relevant: 2 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed term for leave coverage: 01 Apr 2021 to 15 Mar 2022.
If you are interested or know someone who is, please send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only possible candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact us by phone or email at this time.
Thank you and good luck!
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com