Software User Experience Developer (Remote)
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of technical diving computers and rebreather oxygen controllers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, and New Zealand. We take pride in our corporate culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner. We are a fast growing company with a very bright future.
We provide a culture that embraces innovation, passion, and performance excellence. We offer professional growth opportunities and a dynamic, informal, and engaging workplace. Join our team and enjoy an inspiring environment, where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life. We invite you to check us out at www.shearwater.com
As a User Experience Developer, your work represents Shearwater’s brand promise: Powerful, Simple, Reliable. You will develop unique diver experiences through the Shearwater Cloud, mobile and desktop applications that allows divers to interact with their dive experiences seamlessly through our dive computers.
You are a master UX developer creating front end development for Unity however you are also an end user interface expert (making cool presentation and easy intuitive tools)
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA)
KRA 1 - Software Development:
Design and develop intuitive tools to log experiences in scuba diving that enable divers to “re-live the dive”. Create the best visualization of a dive by tapping into data generated by each live dive. Develop solutions that provide effortless tools to improve pre- and post-dive checks and information that improves safety and the entire dive experience. Build the components through an architecture plan that offers a pre- and post- diving virtual assistant to prep divers faster and update diver profiles each dive.
KRA 2 - Continuous improvement:
Maintenance of our multiplatform Shearwater Cloud application. Ensure we have regular software updates that provide value to the end user.
KRA 3 - Project Teams:
Work collaboratively with the rest of the Software team to make Shearwater Cloud the center of the diving experience through new features and product introductions.
- 4+ years working in Unity Engine UX & UI
- Prior experience developing user experiences for multiplatform applications (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- Experience developing wireframes, prototypes, and information architecture
- Languages: C#
- Familiar with code version control software (SVN, GIT)
If you like to be part of a company culture of excellence with professionals who are calm under pressure problem solvers, who like to build effective team relationships with honesty, respect and passion for getting the job done you would make a great addition to our team if you also have:
- Scuba diving experience, interest in sponsored scuba training or you think scuba diving is pretty cool
- Positive team player who likes an organized, methodical, and collaborative environment
- Proven internal interpersonal communication skills both in-person and remote ways of working
- Capacity to work under pressure on multiple concurrent priorities and
- Uncompromising dedication to safety and quality
- Excellent command of the English Language, written and
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy:
- Flex time and Hybrid work site arrangements for most professional staff
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Dental, Extended Health, EAP Plan + Health Spending Account
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Group RSP with company matching contributions
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water ticket, dry suit and advanced training company paid
- Bonuses based on successful annual financial performance of the company
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shearwater Research, is a privately held technology ISO9001:2015 certified world leader in the field of dive computers for serious divers. Based in Richmond, British Columbia, we have dealers in over 70 countries, and service centers in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, and Thailand.
Shearwater Research is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted regarding the position, please advise the member of our recruiting team of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Contact and Next Steps
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Canadian Underwater Conference & Exhibition (CUCE)
Read More / Mar 26-28
Read More / Mar 31 - Apr 2
MARINE DIVING FAIR (マリンダイビングフェア)
Read More / Apr 7-9
Rebreather Forum 4
Read More / Apr 20-22
Read More / Apr 24-29 5259
International Exposition S&R
Read More / May 5-7
TDEX Thailand Dive Expo
Read More / May 18-21
MIDE Malaysia International Dive Expo
Read More / May 26-28
Long Beach Scuba Show
Read More / Jun 3-4 720 and 722
Read More / Sep 25-29 248
Read More / Nov 14-17 3728