Careers at Shearwater
Shearwater Research is a privately held, profitable technology company which is the world leader in the field of dive computers for serious scuba divers. We are a fast-growing, fast-paced environment full of hard working professionals who are energized to succeed. If you’d like to be part of a company culture of high energy excellence, with self-managed professionals who thrive in delivering results in a tangible, visible manner, and have fun while doing it, you’ll be a wonderful addition to the Shearwater team.
Do you exemplify these values?
- Really, Really care about customers
- Continuously improving
- Energized to succeed
- Treat everyone with respect
These are some of the benefits Shearwater employees enjoy.
- Group RRSP with company matching contributions 100% up to an annual maximum of $2500
- Competitive vacation allowance that increases over time
- Enhanced Health and Dental medical plan $3,500 for married/$1,750 for single (extremely flexible plan, no co-pay or monthly fee)
- MSP covered 100% for staff and immediate family
- 5 personal days per calendar year (paid out if not used)
- Diving – open water, dry suit and advanced covered; possibly more as approved by manager
- Free dive equipment rentals and air fills
- Training available to all staff
- Toastmasters - $500 bonus for completing competent communicator
- Quarterly social events like bowling, attending baseball games, Christmas party, summer BBQ's, etc.
- Organic fresh fruit and nut deliveries weekly by SPUD
- Flex time for office staff
- First-come, first-served for vacation requests
- Annual bonuses based on the annual financial performance of the company
- $1000 employee referral bonus
May 8, 2019
Shearwater Cloud is our mobile and desktop application that allows divers to interact with dives from our dive computers. As an Intermediate Software Developer, your work represents Shearwater’s brand promise: Powerful, Simple, Reliable.