June 8, 2022
Me and technical diving are just at the beginning of a potential relationship. We’ve flirted and been on a couple of dates, and we’ve enjoyed each other’s company but it’s early days and I suspect […]
June 6, 2022
Shearwater is excited to release Version 91 Firmware for our new Perdix 2 and Petrel 3 models only. Features introduced in this firmware may become available on older products at a later date.
June 1, 2022
RICHMOND, British Columbia – June 1, 2022 – Shearwater Research Inc. is excited to announce updates of two iconic flagship Shearwater® dive computers, the PERDIX 2™ & PETREL 3™.
PERDIX 2 is our toughest […]
April 8, 2022
For many of us, the desire to explore is as natural as breathing. We wonder about what’s around the next corner and feel a compulsion to follow the trail that goes into the […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather