September 13, 2021
RICHMOND, British Columbia - Shearwater Research Inc., is pleased to announce the appointment of Simon Morris as Sales Manager, effective immediately. Simon has worked in and around the diving industry since becoming a certified diver […]
July 27, 2021
Shearwater Firmware v84 for NERD 2, Petrel 2, Perdix, Perdix AI and Peregrine, and v19 for Teric Is Now Available
Shearwater Firmware v84 is now available. This update is applicable to the NERD 2, Petrel 2, Perdix, Perdix AI and Peregrine as they share a common firmware base. Firmware v19 is now available for the […]
July 26, 2021
RICHMOND, British Columbia – July 26, 2021 – Shearwater Research Inc. is excited to announce the launch of the new Shearwater® SWIFT™ Transmitter.
With smart AI technology, the Swift creates a […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
TDEX Thailand Dive Expo
Read More / Nov 4-7 Booth No. D90