March 10, 2020
Shearwater Firmware v17 for Teric is now available. This release is not a major feature release but is recommended for all users to address a few minor issues.
Version 17 includes the following changes:
February 26, 2020
Oxygen is necessary to sustain life, but it plays a more complex role in diving safety. Increased fractions can improve decompression efficiency by reducing the inert gas fraction of inspired gas, and a high partial […]
January 17, 2020
When in doubt, yes, you should update to the latest firmware version.
Occasionally we might release a firmware version that has no functional changes for divers. V72 for Perdix, Petrel and NERD 2 is an […]
January 7, 2020
Introducing the 2020 Shearwater Teric. Celebrate a new decade with the limited edition, 2020 Teric featuring a matte gold bezel and striking red strap. This unique Teric has all the features of the standard Teric, […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
2020 Adex Singapore
Read More / Apr 17-19 Booth P10
Read More / Apr 20-25 6159
2020 DRT Shanghai
Read More / Apr 24-26
Read More / Apr 25-26 41