May 9, 2023
Introducing the Shearwater Peregrine™ Adventures Edition
Shearwater is excited to announce the launch of the Adventures Edition of the popular Peregrine Dive Computer, featuring two stunning colourways. Two contrasting Light and Dark Edition options draw inspiration from the vivid and diverse […]
May 4, 2023
In The Land Of The Heims
One night I couldn't fall asleep. Instead of tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling, I got up, turned on my computer, and started looking for potential new caves. As I was sitting in […]
May 2, 2023
SHEARWATER RESEARCH APPOINTS NEW CEO AND VP SALES & MARKETING
Richmond, BC - May 02, 2023 - Shearwater Research, the leading brand in dive computers and electronic control systems for rebreathers, today announced the appointment of Jason Leggatt as the company's new CEO. Current […]
April 12, 2023
I Wish There Were Sharks In Caves
"I wish there were sharks in caves" is a fun expression to explain my equal love and desire to dive, explore, and understand both the world of sharks and underground flooded tunnels.
My passion for […]
March 1, 2023
Mesophotic Coral Ecosystems: An Exciting Frontier for Technical Scientific Diving
Getting cooked in my dry suit and carrying so much gear that I look like a swimming Christmas tree can only mean one thing, we are going for another scientific dive!
For two months, my […]
February 20, 2023
Announcing the launch of Sonardyne's DiveTrack with Shearwater DiveCAN
We’re excited for the launch of DiveTrack. We've partnered with Sonardyne International to connect the Shearwater Petrel 2 and DiveCAN to DiveTrack, a portable and rugged diver tracking and comms system. The DiveTrack transponder can […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows: