January 17, 2020
When in doubt, yes, you should update to the latest firmware version.
Occasionally we might release a firmware version that has no functional changes for divers. V72 for Perdix, Petrel and NERD 2 is an […]
January 7, 2020
Introducing the 2020 Shearwater Teric. Celebrate a new decade with the limited edition, 2020 Teric featuring a matte gold bezel and striking red strap. This unique Teric has all the features of the standard Teric, […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Read More / Feb 27 - Mar 1
2020 Boston Sea Rover
Read More / Mar 7-8
2020 Beneath the Sea
Read More / Mar 27-29 738
2020 Adex Singapore
Read More / Apr 17-19 Booth P10
Read More / Apr 20-25 6159
2020 DRT Shanghai
Read More / Apr 24-26
Read More / Apr 25-26 41
Read More / May 1-3
2020 DRT Taiwan
Read More / May 29-31 D323
2020 Scuba Show Long Beach
Read More / May 30-31 720
2020 TDEX Thailand Dive Expo
Read More / Jun 4-7 D060
Read More / Jun 12-14 406