November 26, 2018
We met Charlie Gamboa at the 2017 Shanghai DRT tradeshow. Charlie introduced us to the Sea Paradiso foundation and the reef restoration project that they are doing. Homer Hernandez writes more details about this project, […]
November 19, 2018
Shearwater Research is voluntarily issuing a recall for yellow wireless transmitters. We discovered yellow transmitters may have the same transmission interval as the one found in grey transmitters. When transmitters of both colors are used […]
October 15, 2018
You can now get Shearwater Cloud Version 2.2.0 for Desktop and Mobile through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Release Notes for Shearwater Cloud Version 2.2.0 for Desktop and Mobile (also available at the […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Diving Festival 2019 | ダビンフェスティバル 2019
Read More / Feb 1-3 1-10
DC SCUBA SHOW 2019
Read More / Feb 22-23 Booth No. 205
Read More / Mar 16-17 Booth No. 37
BENEATH THE SEA 2019
Read More / Mar 29-31 Booth No. 215/314