September 18, 2020
Versión inglesa disponible
Vivimos en tiempos muy importantes y decisivos para la historia de la humanidad y todos los seres vivos con los que compartimos nuestro hogar, el planeta Tierra. Hemos […]
September 18, 2020
Spanish version available
We live in a very important time for the history of humanity and all living beings we share our home with. We have made such an impact on the […]
September 9, 2020
My new nickname is "Oh look a crab!". I forget what I'm doing and start following the fish. It's driving my mum, who is also my buddy, crazy!
Two months ago I attended a […]
September 8, 2020
Shearwater Firmware v81 is now available. This update is applicable to the NERD 2, Petrel 2, Perdix, Perdix AI and Peregrine as they share a common firmware base. Due to hardware differences, not all features […]
July 23, 2020
RICHMOND, British Columbia – July 23, 2020 – We are excited to announce the launch of a new Shearwater® dive computer, the PEREGRINE™, a simple and accessible, full colour, multi-gas dive computer that […]
Diving Science and Technology
The following blog articles are a curated selection featuring work done by the scientific community relating to diving and decompression theory. We support evidence based decision making and the organizations that provide that evidence.
- What’s All the Fuss about CO2 in Breathing Gas?
- Hyperoxic Myopia: Information for Divers
- Shearwater and the CNS Oxygen Clock
- Should rebreather divers prebreathe test their rebreathers prior to a dive?
- Flying After Diving
- Why do you calibrate a CCR with pure Oxygen?
- Review of Deep Stops in Technical Diving
- Flexible Control of Decompression Stress
- Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers
- What is DiveCAN® and why should I care?
- On The Edge
- Eliminating The Helium Penalty
- Oxygen Seizures at PO2 ≤ 1.6 Bar: How Rare?
- Control of O2 Levels in a Diver’s Rebreather
- Why UPTD Calculations Should Not Be Used
- The CO2 Scrubber in a Diver’s Rebreather
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows: