NOTE: Please keep in mind that these techniques work for the Perdix, Petrel, Petrel 2, and Predator despite the slightly different design of each computer.
Petrel: #112, 70D, Buna-N (Nitrile, NBR)
- For Each Battery change: Clean, check for signs of damage, and lubricate without removing O-ring
- Replace if damage detected: Remove, replace, lubricate and install new O-ring if signs of wear, compression set, cracking, corrosion or degradation
Note: Please contact dive shop if apprehensive with removing O-ring
1. Pierce O-ring with a pointed instrument (i.e. O-ring pick, Safety pin, Push pin)
RISK OF FLOODING if inner surface of gland is scratched or damaged while piercing O-ring
2. Puncture surface and lift O-ring out of groove and over battery cap
1. Lubricate O-ring with a thin film before installing
Benefits of lubricating O-ring:
- Protects the O-ring from damage by abrasion, pinching, or cutting.
- Helps to seat the O-ring properly
- Protection as a surface film
- Protects from degradation by atmospheric elements such as ozone
- Extends the service life
Do not use lubricants with the same base materials
(i.e. Do not use Silicone grease with Silicone O-rings)
2. Stretch O-ring over battery cap from the end without the spring and threads until O-ring is seated in groove
RISK OF FLOODING from damage or twisting if forced over threads during installation
To download this document please click HERE.