Shearwater Cloud Mobile Beta 2.0.3 is Now Available
You can now get Shearwater Cloud Mobile Beta 2.0.3 through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Release Notes for Shearwater Mobile Beta 2.0.3
(also available at the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store).
• New Bluetooth device picker.
• Horizontal support, including full screen graph when viewed horizontally
• Petrel, NERD and Predator support for Android
• Dive date, time and dive number can now be changed.
• Date preferences can now be set in the settings panel
• Removed support for Amazon S3 (Legacy Cloud)
Storage Change for Shearwater Cloud Beta
In order to support Predator dives as well as support importing dives from Shearwater Desktop Beta, we needed to alter how dives are stored in the cloud. We are calling the previous solution the Legacy Cloud, and the new solution Upgraded Cloud. In order to minimize impact on customers who are using Shearwater Cloud Beta, we have broken down this migration into several steps.
Step 1) Side-by side support of Legacy Cloud and Upgraded Cloud
- This means that Shearwater Cloud Desktop Beta and Shearwater Cloud Mobile will first sync with Legacy Cloud and then Upgraded Cloud.
- Dives that are in Legacy Cloud will automatically be migrated to Upgraded Cloud
- No new information will be added to Legacy Cloud. All edited information and new dives will be stored in Upgraded Cloud
Step 2) Dropping support of Legacy Cloud in upcoming releases
- New Apps will only access Upgraded Cloud
- Versions of the app that work with side-by-side support will still work and continue to migrate dives added to them.
Step 3) Sunsetting Legacy Cloud (time to be announced)
- Old versions of the app must be updated to continue to be able to sync.
All current versions of Shearwater Cloud Mobile Beta use side-by-side support of both Legacy Cloud and Upgraded Cloud. Shearwater Cloud Desktop has always supported side-by-side support. Shearwater Cloud Mobile Beta 2.0.0 will be the first version of Shearwater Cloud to drop support for Legacy Cloud.
How Does this Affect Me?
First of all, it is very important to keep your apps up to date and to synchronize with the cloud regularly. As long as you have recent versions of Shearwater Mobile Beta, and you sync your dives to Shearwater Cloud Beta, your dives will already be migrated. There’s nothing special that you need to do!
If you use Shearwater Cloud Desktop Beta, you also don’t need to do anything special to upgrade, just keep Shearwater Cloud Desktop Beta up to date.
If you have a very old version of Shearwater Cloud Mobile Beta (1.0.1 or earlier), you need to make sure that you sync before updating to the latest version of Shearwater Mobile Beta. This will ensure that your dives can be imported by the new version.
Before we sunset Legacy Cloud, we will run migration scripts to ensure that everyone’s dives have been migrated over to the new system.
I use the mobile app, but I don’t use the Cloud functionality. Does this affect me?
No, if you do not use the Cloud functionality, you are not affected.
Upcoming Dive Shows
Shearwater Research will be at the following dive shows:
Beneath The Sea 2018 (Secaucus, NJ)
Read More / Mar 23-25 215, 314
ASIA DIVE EXPO 2018 (ADEX SINGAPORE)
Read More / Apr 6-8 A18
Diving & Resort Travel Expo (DRT Show Shanghai 2018/上海国际潜水暨度假观光展)
Read More / Apr 6-8 C-110
Marine Diving Fair 2018 (マリンダイビングフェア2018)
Read More / Apr 6-8 D-15