For users running into certificate problems (shown above) when updating Shearwater Desktop on Mac, we have resolved the issue with a new installer.
For those who may have visited this page earlier, we have removed the previous instructions as they are no longer needed.
How to resolve:
- Start Shearwater Desktop. A message inviting you to update will appear.
- Click "update". After the update finishes loading, you will see a traditional Mac style install folder with the Applications folder and the Shearwater Research folder.
- Close Shearwater Desktop.
- In the installer folder, drag the Shearwater Research folder onto the Applications folder.
- You may get a pop up asking if you want to overwrite the old version. Select Ok.
That's it! you can now start Shearwater Desktop from the Applications folder in Finder.
If your copy of Shearwater Desktop is not currently functioning, please visit https://www.shearwater.com/downloads/shearwater-desktop-download/ to download the installer, then follow the rest of the instructions outlined above.
If you continue to run into any issues please feel free to email us at email@example.com.