For users running into certificate problems (shown below) when updating to Shearwater Desktop 3.0.8, a fresh install is needed.
NOTE: Please make sure to follow all 8 steps!
NOTE: A fresh install of Shearwater Desktop WILL NOT delete your existing dives.
How to perform a fresh install:
- Open your Applications folder in Finder
- Locate the Shearwater folder in Applications
- Drag the Shearwater folder to the Trash
- Empty the Trash (This step is crucial in removing the app completely)
- Download Shearwater Desktop v3.0.8 here
- Install Shearwater Desktop
For users that have the Sierra OS:
When double-clicking on Install Shearwater Desktop, an “Unidentified Developer” message will prompt when trying to install:
To bypass this message, perform the following steps:
1. Open ShearwaterDesktop_3.0.8.dmg
2. Open Install Shearwater Desktop by Control-Clicking or Right Clicking, select Open from the menu that appears
3. Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administration name and password.
Note: Another “Unidentified Developer” error may popup during installation. If this occurs:
i) Open up “System Preferences” on your Mac
ii) Navigate to “Security & Privacy”
iii) Click Open Anyway
4. Upon a successful installation, navigate to Applications > Shearwater Research
5. Control-Click or Right Click Shearwater Desktop, select Show Package Content from the menu that appears
6. Open Contents > MacOS > Shearwater Desktop and open it
7. A new file called “Shearwater Desktop_32” will appear in the folder. Shearwater Desktop will open automatically to complete the installation process
8. Congratulations! Shearwater Desktop is now installed on your computer
If you continue to run into any issues please feel free to email us at email@example.com.