The NERD 2 has Bluetooth® wireless technology which means it will connect with Shearwater Desktop and Shearwater Cloud. However it will not work on Shearwater Desktop with Windows 7 and below.
Support & Downloads
For more detailed steps on how to set up your NERD 2 SA on your regulator, please review the Open Circuit Mounting Guide which can be accessed here.
For more detailed steps on how to set up your NERD 2 Fischer on your rebreather loop, please review the ClosedCircuit Mounting Guide which can be accessed here.
The NERD 2 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It lasts roughly 18 hours while on medium.
The typical battery life is 5 years or 500 charge cycles.
The battery can be replaced at authorized service centers. The cost of replacement is $100 CAD + shipping.
The turn around time for replacement is 5 business days after receipt of payment, excluding shipping time. The battery replacement includes inspection, functional testing and pressure testing.
If the battery is not meeting performance specifications within the 2-year warranty period it will be replaced free of charge. Variations to battery lifespan can be expected due to operating at extremes of the rated specification, such as high environmental temperatures or repeatedly fully discharging the battery.
When storing your NERD 2 please ensure you have rinsed it in fresh water, store in a cool and dry place, and make sure to fully charge it prior to storage.
Yes the NERD 2 is compatible with the NERD 1 mounts.
Try taking the battery out and leaving it out for at least 5 minutes. This should allow the transmitter to reset, and often solves a loss of communications.
Current Firmware Version: V84
Note: Updating the firmware will reset the decompression tissue loading.
- Ensure that you have the latest Shearwater Cloud installed
- In Shearwater Cloud, go to Dive Computer > Update Firmware...
- On your Perdix, navigate to Start Bluetooth or System Setup > System Setup > Load Upgrade, depending on your firmware version
- Shearwater Cloud will detect your Perdix and select the latest available firmware.
- Follow the instructions in Shearwater Cloud to select your firmware language and begin the update.
Getting Firmware Files
The easiest way to update your firmware is to download the new Shearwater Cloud and select Dive Computer-> Update Dive computer. Follow the instructions on the screen and Shearwater Cloud will handle the rest.
REPAIR SERVICE CENTERS AND SALES & DEALER SUPPORT CENTERS
- For repairs, please contact your nearest Repair Center listed below via email or fill out this form for RMA shipping details when shipping to Canada
- For sales inquiries, please contact your nearest regional sales representative office.
- For customer support inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For cloud software, bluetooth connectivity and IT support inquiries, please email email@example.com.