The Teric screen is made of sapphire crystal which is one of the most scratch resistant material that can reasonably be used as a watch window. However, sharp impacts can still result in scratches. In particular, chrome plating has very high hardness and may scratch the Teric window. If you are concerned with scratching the Teric window, we suggest using a screen protector. Exceptional impacts may still damage the window even with a protector fitted. Screen protectors are currently sold by several third-party vendors that fit the Teric.
Support & Downloads
Yes, we will replace the charger under warranty. In the meantime, there are a number of third-party wireless chargers that will work in a pinch.
The best charger we tested so far was the Choetech model (CHOETECH Wireless Charger, Qi Certified T511), and it is quite inexpensive. You can pair this (or the charger included with the Teric) with any portable power pack with a USB output port. The Teric battery is 560mAhr. I would derate a power pack down to about 40% of its capacity due to efficiency losses. Most portable power packs are at least 10,000mAhr (e.g Anker PowerCore 10000). So, (10000 * 0.4) / 560 = 7 charges. At 30 hours (minimum) per charge, this is at least 210 hours of portable operation.
Try taking the battery out and leaving it out for at least 5 minutes. This should allow the transmitter to reset, and often solves a loss of communications.
The typical battery life is 5 years.
The battery can be replaced at authorized service centers. The cost of replacement is $100 CAD + shipping.
The turn around time for replacement is 5 business days after receipt of payment, excluding shipping time. The battery replacement includes inspection, functional testing and pressure testing.
If the battery is not meeting performance specifications within the 2-year warranty period it will be replaced free of charge. Variations to battery lifespan can be expected due to operating at extremes of the rated specification, such as high environmental temperatures or repeatedly fully discharging the battery.
Current Firmware Version: v16
Note: Updating the firmware will reset the decompression tissue loading.
- Ensure that you have the latest Shearwater Cloud installed
- In Shearwater Cloud, click or tap on the Connect icon
- On your Teric, press the MENU button repeatedly until the Bluetooth option is highlighted and then select it by pressing the FUNC button
- After a successful connection is achieved, select UPDATE FIRMWARE in Shearwater Cloud
- Follow the instructions in Shearwater Cloud
SALES & CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTERS AND REPAIR SERVICE CENTERS
- For repairs, please contact your nearest Repair Center listed below via email for RMA shipping details.
- For cloud software, bluetooth connectivity and IT support inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For sales & customer support inquiries, please contact your nearest regional sales representative office.