No. Replacing the bezel would be prohibitively expensive as the blue sapphire glass is permanently bonded to the bezel and the AMOLED screen. If you're looking for ways to personalize your Teric, you can purchase coloured watch straps.
Support & Downloads
- Teric Manual - Current - English
- Teric Manual - French
- Teric Manual - German
- Teric Manual - Italian
- Teric Manual - Japanese
- Teric Manual - Korean
- Teric Manual - Simplified Chinese
- Teric Manual - Spanish
- Teric Manual - Thai
- Teric Manual - Traditional Chinese
- Teric Manual - Portuguese
- Teric Manual - Polish
- Teric Manual - Czech
How to Calibrate:
- Find magnetic north using a compass
- Find compass setting in Teric
- (menu > settings > compass)
- Calibrate and confirm
- Rotate Teric on all three axis TOWARDS magnetic north -
- forward, sideways, and on edge
- Continue rotating the Teric in random directions for remaining calibration time
- Check the Teric against the compass
How to install:
- After washing your hands. pre-position the screen protector to the Teric (adhesive side downward).
- Clean the screen of your Teric with wet wipes followed by the dry wipes. then clear the remaining liquid with the microfiber cloth.
- Clean the dust on the screen with the dust absorber sticker.
- Peel off the protective film from the PET screen protector.
- Press the center of the PET screen protector and remove the tiny air bubbles by gently pushing outwards with the squeegee from the center (Allow 1 - 2 days for the smaller bubbles to fully disappear).
- Must clean the dust on the screen and apply it in a dust free room.
- Air bubbles will automatically disappear within 24 hours.
- If there are air bubble spots. the section is not adhering, and you will need to gently peel off the screen protector carefully and reinstall it.
Repeated removal of the PET screen protector may cause it to lose its adhesiveness. During application. excessive force may cause damage to the PET screen protector.
Shearwater offers a worldwide 2-year warranty on all products. The warranty lives with the unit, not with the original purchaser. This means that whether you buy your unit from our dealer network or second-hand, the warranty will still be effective.
Shearwater will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace defective products covered under warranty.
Unauthorized repairs, accidental damage, or negligence are not covered by the warranty.
The warranty covers included accessories such as chargers and straps.
Do I need to register my computer for warranty?
No. The warranty is linked to the computer’s unique serial number.
Who do I contact if my computer needs a repair?
You may also contact your closest authorized service center directly using the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Please do not return any products without first obtaining an RMA from the relevant service center.
How much will my out-of-warranty repair cost?
A computer that comes in for an out of warranty repair will need to be disassembled to properly test the components to determine the failure. Once the failure has been determined, we will be able to accurately calculate an estimate for the necessary repairs. Please note that to prevent usage of potentially non-functioning computers, if you decline the repairs, and wish to have the computer returned to you, it will be returned disassembled.
How long will the repair take?
Shearwater and its authorized service centers aim to finish warranty repairs and authorized out of warranty repairs within 5 working days of receipt.
Delays in repair time may result due to holidays, parts delays, and/or the requirement for the computer to be repaired at a different location.
Please contact the relevant service center for a more accurate timeframe.
What is Shearwater’s service shipping policy?
You are responsible for the cost of sending in the computer for repair. As a reminder, do not send your computer to any repair centre until you have obtained an RMA from that repair centre. For in-warranty repairs, the computer will be shipped back at no charge. For out of warranty repairs, the return shipping charge is included within the repair estimate. If you have an out of warranty repair that you choose to decline, you may ask to have the service centre destroy it or ship it back at your cost.
How often should I have my computer serviced?
Shearwater recommends a general service of your dive computer every 2 years by an authorized service center.
Does the warranty cover the rechargeable battery in my Teric/Peregrine?
It is important to follow the directions for charging/storage in the computer’s manual to ensure peak battery performance.
If the battery is not meeting performance specifications within the 2-year warranty period, it will be repaired free of charge. Variations to battery lifespan can be expected due to operating at extremes of the rated specification, such as high environmental temperatures or repeatedly fully discharging the battery.
Damaged caused by battery leaks in dive computers that use a user changeable battery is not covered under warranty. Shearwater recommends the use of a lithium battery such as the Energizer Ultimate Lithium 1.5v battery to reduce the chance of battery leaks. Leaving AA batteries (especially alkaline batteries) in devices for extended periods of time significantly increases the chance of damage from a battery leak.
DEMO & PRO Computers
Please note that the warranty with our Demo & Pro model computers are only available to the original purchaser. For demo models, this means the authorized demo centre that purchased the computer. For Pro models, this extends to the original instructor/dive professional that was confirmed at time of purchase. This warranty is absolutely non-transferrable as these models are not intended for resale.
Repairs/service can be performed on Demo and Pro models, but if you are not the original owner, there will be a cost for the service.
The Teric screen is made of sapphire crystal which is one of the most scratch resistant material that can reasonably be used as a watch window. However, sharp impacts can still result in scratches. In particular, chrome plating has very high hardness and may scratch the Teric window. If you are concerned with scratching the Teric window, we suggest using a screen protector. Exceptional impacts may still damage the window even with a protector fitted. Screen protectors are currently sold by several third-party vendors that fit the Teric.
Shearwater recommends service of your dive computer every 2 years by an authorized service centre.
Yes, we will replace the charger under warranty. In the meantime, there are a number of third-party wireless chargers that will work in a pinch.
The best charger we tested so far was the Choetech model (CHOETECH Wireless Charger, Qi Certified T511), and it is quite inexpensive. You can pair this (or the charger included with the Teric) with any portable power pack with a USB output port. The Teric battery is 560mAhr. I would derate a power pack down to about 40% of its capacity due to efficiency losses. Most portable power packs are at least 10,000mAhr (e.g Anker PowerCore 10000). So, (10000 * 0.4) / 560 = 7 charges. At 30 hours (minimum) per charge, this is at least 210 hours of portable operation.
The typical battery life is 5 years.
The battery can be replaced at authorized service centers. The cost of replacement is part of our General Maintenance at $175 + shipping.
The turn around time for replacement is 5 business days after receipt of payment, excluding shipping time. The battery replacement includes inspection, functional testing and pressure testing.
If the battery is not meeting performance specifications within the 2-year warranty period it will be replaced free of charge. Variations to battery lifespan can be expected due to operating at extremes of the rated specification, such as high environmental temperatures or repeatedly fully discharging the battery.
Try taking the battery out and leaving it out for at least 5 minutes. This should allow the transmitter to reset, and often solves a loss of communications.
Current Firmware Version: V23
Note: Updating the firmware will reset the decompression tissue loading.
- Ensure that you have the latest Shearwater Cloud installed
- In Shearwater Cloud, click or tap on the Connect icon
- On your Teric, press the MENU button repeatedly until the Bluetooth option is highlighted and then select it by pressing the FUNC button
- After a successful connection is achieved, select UPDATE FIRMWARE in Shearwater Cloud
- Follow the instructions in Shearwater Cloud
REPAIR SERVICE CENTRES AND SALES & DEALER SUPPORT CENTRES
- For repairs, please contact your nearest Repair Center listed below via email or fill out this form for RMA shipping details when shipping to Canada
- For sales inquiries, please contact your nearest regional sales representative office.
- For customer support inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For cloud software, bluetooth connectivity and IT support inquiries, please email email@example.com.